The client is one of the leading luxury retail brands in the country, offering luxe fashion products to its premium clientele.
The brands’ primary focus was on offline sales and social media but they were interested in trying out paid advertising for the first time. This decision was intensified by the worldwide COVID crisis that directly affected their offline revenues. Therefore, the brand wanted to scale up the online revenue in this situation.
A challenging aspect of this project was the presence of an ecommerce site for this site, which wasn’t configured for online advertising and sales. We also lacked proper data about their audience and buyer persona apart from the client brief.
Strategy in a Nutshell
It was challenging and exciting to take up a project at this scale. We didn’t take this project as a mere service but as an opportunity to partner with the brand and work towards a common goal. We collaborated with the brand’s marketing team to get a better insight into its customers. Unlike other retail brands, we learned that our client was more interested in building a community of potential customers who will convert to being loyal and continue to return and purchase its premium products.
We went ahead with Facebook and Google ad platforms as they can be easily optimized and are more profitable. The ads channels we chose were search, shopping, and display ads along with Facebook and Instagram.
Here’s a roundup of our performance marketing strategy and execution:
- Built the foundation of a strong campaign with Google Merchant Centre, Google Analytics, and Facebook catalogs
- Planned out a top funnel campaign based on existing social media and customer data
- Created a specific occasion-based campaign with relevant offers, communication, and creatives
- Optimized the messaging to fit the audience and using high-quality creatives in the campaign
- Focused on a specific target audience such as upmarket users operating high-end devices, collected from existing data
- Used a full-funnel approach by initiating a top-funnel strategy in the beginning and introducing a remarketing campaign at a later stage with various cohorts
Eventually, our marketing efforts showed positive outcomes. Within 60 days, we were able to boost returns from 0x to 4x for the brand through online advertising strategies. All this happened despite the brand’s new entry into online marketing and the ongoing unfavorable pandemic situation.
Stan Venture’s 360 degrees paid advertising strategy for a luxury retail client has skyrocketed its returns from 0x to 4x in 60 days.