In this episode, we cover:
Today, we are talking to Brandon Doyle, the founder of Wallaroo Media, a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in search engine optimization, social media management, content strategy, PR, and design.
In this episode, he speaks about the evergreen content strategy.
Stay tuned for the next podcast episode, where our guest, Seth Price, discusses SEO for Lawyers.
- [00:47-01:38] Why do companies have to invest in evergreen content?
- [01:50-06:09] What are the different types of evergreen content that you recommend?
- [06:33-08:04] What are some of the quick steps websites can follow so that their content always remains of the top?
- [09:54-12:52] Is it recommended to invest fully in evergreen content?
- [12:56-14:32] Are there any tools that you’d recommend for evergreen content creation?
- [15:16-16:18] Would it be ideal for businesses to link their topical content to evergreen content to keep on getting some good internal link juice?
- [16:38-18:23] Can you cite some examples as to how an online makeshift furniture store can utilize evergreen content?
Show Notes Explanation
Hey everyone, this is Senthil. Welcome to another episode of SEO On-Air. These days everybody is talking and writing about COVID. In other words, marketers call this topical content, which brings bulk traffic. But, is this really the right approach, or should people add evergreen content to the mix?
To speak more about this, we have Brandon Doyle, the founder of Wallaroo Media. It is a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in search engine optimization, social media management, content strategy, PR, and design. Welcome to the show, Brandon.
Time Stamp: 00:47-01:38
Why do companies have to invest in evergreen content?
- Our philosophy behind evergreen content is that it’s not something that a lot of people do.
- So, if you do it right, it can really help you increase your organic traffic pretty substantially.
Time Stamp: 01:50-06:09
What are the different types of evergreen content that you recommend?
- As far as evergreen content goes, there is a variety of content types that you can use.
- When you are coming up SEO strategy for a website, make sure you come up with evergreen content that would work.
- It could be based on the keyword you’re targeting for or what’s trending on SERPs.
- There are simple ones like statistics data on a particular topic, such as TikTok statistics, which is something that many digital marketing agencies, including us, have covered.
- You can also create listicles as a part of the evergreen content, such as the top bloggers in your niche or a list of annual events.
Time Stamp: 06:33-08:04
What are some of the quick steps websites can follow so that their content always remains of the top?
- You need to keep your content fresh by adding useful information consistently. It will help your content to stay atop others.
- You can also change that piece of content to the current date so that Google sees it as a new piece of content or an updated piece of content. That freshness helps your content to retain its position on the top.
Time Stamp: 09:54-12:52
Is it recommended to invest fully in evergreen content?
- For an e-commerce company, I’ll recommend fully investing in evergreen content.
- The biggest written content production entities like Mashable, Tech Crunch, Washington Post, and BuzzFeed have evergreen content built into their strategy as well.
- So, if you have around 10% to 25% of your content as evergreen and the rest topical or based on anything trending, then it’ll be beneficial for your business.
- Evergreen content is the easiest way to get links for an e-commerce store.
Time Stamp: 12:56-14:32
Are there any tools that you’d recommend for evergreen content creation?
- We have an article on the same on our site that you can check out. It will give you a deeper insight into creating effective evergreen content.
- First, do a brainstorm and find out keywords you want to go after and then look for data that you can utilize to create a unique piece of content that can become evergreen.
Time Stamp: 15:16-16:18
Would it be ideal for businesses to link their topical content to evergreen content to keep on getting some good internal link juice?
- Yes, any way you can continue to get good links is the key.
- Outreach with the piece of content to get some initial traction is great.
- When we do evergreen content, we typically like to site some quality sources in our piece, which helps with rankings, and we can also reach out to those sources and let know that we cited them in our piece to get a few initial shares to begin with.
Time Stamp: 16:38-18:23
Can you cite some examples as to how an online makeshift furniture store can utilize evergreen content?
- We have some clients in that space, so my suggestion would be to take some coronavirus data and talk about how the sale of home furniture has been increasing since March.
- Probably other people may also have written on the same topic, so you can find them incorporate their data into your content as well.
- Try to have some form of data visualization as well, like screenshots and graphs too.