SEO On-Air: Handy SEO Tools for Better Optimization
In this episode, we cover:
Today, we speak to Ilan Shabad, the co-founder of One Egg Digital. He has over ten years’ experience in delivering business growth across start-ups to multinational enterprise-level clients.
In this episode, he’ll discuss some of the handy SEO tools for better optimization.
Stay tuned for the next podcast episode, where our guest, James Norquay, discusses changing SEO trends to diversify affiliate income.
[06:44-09:51] What type of tools do you use for your company?
[11:34-19:17] We know Google Keyword Planner comes with its own set of restrictions. Is there any other alternative tool that you’d recommend?
[19:54-24:51] Is there any specific feature within the Screaming Frog tool that you think will help the community?
[25:56-34:27] Is there any good CRO tool that people should look out to?
[34:47-36:52] Is there any option to integrate Hotjar data and lead pages data into the Data Studio template?
Show Notes Explanation
Hello everyone, welcome to SEO On-Air. This is Senthil and today we have with us Ilan Shabad, Co-founder of One Egg Digital. Welcome to our show Ilan. He has around 10 years of experience in Digital Marketing. He is very passionate about technical SEO, CRO, and Paid marketing.
Time Stamp: 06:44-09:51
Q. What type of tools do you use for your company?
- We generally use Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- We also use Google Data Studio and integration tools such as Supermetrics to bring in social data
- We had data from Screaming Frog pooled into Data Studio or data from Ahrefs imported to Google Sheets
- Sometimes we also had to rely on third-party data
Time Stamp: 11:34-19:17
Q. We know Google Keyword Planner comes with its own set of restrictions. Is there any other alternative tool that you’d recommend?
- Third-party tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Moz are not the ideal solutions, but they still do the job
- It is recommended to spend a small amount on paid search if you have the budget for favorable results
- Search Console, while it doesn’t give the search volume, you can still check the impressions
- We built a keyword scaring tool where you can put in all the metrics together and compare the data
Time Stamp: 19:54-24:51
Q. Is there any specific feature within the Screaming Frog tool that you think will help the community?
- Screaming Frog’s integrations are really awesome. I find that very helpful and saves me so much time
- The other feature that I find amazing in the tool is its ability to extract information from a page
- Sitebulb is another tool that can be used for smaller websites
- Ahrefs also have their own crawlers
Time Stamp: 25:56-34:27
Q. Is there any good CRO tool that people should look out to?
- If you are running a slower website, you can use Google Optimizely, because it is a free tool and good for those who are just starting
- Virtual Website Optimizer (VWO) is a good heat mapping tool, but it’s expensive. You can use it if you want to go for multi-variant experimenting
- Hotjar is also a pretty awesome tool. Their session recording and heat mapping is very useful
Time Stamp: 34:47-36:52
Q. Is there any option to integrate Hotjar data and lead pages data into the Data Studio template?
- I’ve tried it with Unbounce a couple of years ago. I’ve exported the data into Google Sheets and from there to Unbounce.
- Now you can also get plugins as add-ons in Google Sheets and define the sheets you need to work on by integrating Data Studio
Meet the speakers
Co-founder – One Egg Digital
VP Marketing – Stan Ventures