Show Notes Explanation
Hey guys, this is Senthil. Welcome to another episode of SEO On-Air. Do you guys know that nearly 2 million podcasts are pumped out every day? The Content Marketing Institute claims that only around ⅖ B2B or B2C marketers have a clear marketing strategy in place.
If you are really serious about standing out from content mills and establishing a winning content strategy, this episode will be really helpful for you.
We have Mr. Adam Reaney. He is the Account Director at SEO Works, UK’s leading SEO, and Multi-service agency. Welcome to the show, Adam.
Time Stamp: 03:27-03:56
Does increased content production boost SEO?
Not directly. Content is a massive part of how Google structures the algorithm, but consistently churning out a higher number of content pieces is not important. H However, if you can be consistent with your content’s quality, it would be very beneficial and have a positive impact.
Time Stamp: 04:00-05:13
What are the steps that people can start with for content audits?
- Start checking for low-quality factors such as duplicate content, keyword stuffing, too many internal links, and low-quality content issues like bad English or poor grammar.
- Once you’ve got those sorted, next, you’ll have to look for questions your audience is asking and answer them the best way possible.
Time Stamp: 05:36-06:49
How do e-commerce stores approach content-gap audit?
- Blog posts are the easiest way to detect content-gap, but for e-commerce stores, they should look at product pages as well.
- Sites like Amazon have a ”User Question” section that can be utilized to fill any sort of content gap and answer relevant questions.
- Similarly, blogs and product pages can also be used to answer as many questions as users might have.
Time Stamp: 06:56-09:40
What’s the difference between competitor-based and market-based competitor analysis?
- For competitor gap-analysis, you are looking at how your competitors are ranking, what strategies they are using, or keywords they are targeting.
- For market-based content-gap analysis, you’ll be looking at the keywords or strategies people in your niche are targeting in your target market.
- You can use SEO tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush for content-gap analysis if you are a beginner.
Time Stamp: 10:49-12:19
What are some types of content that work really well in the market?
What really works well is if you can carve out a different angle for your content and focus on long-tail keywords.
It might not lead you to a huge amount of traffic, but the ones you get are really qualified and more likely to convert. So, my advice would be to stick to content in your niche and create content that’s more relevant to your business.
Time Stamp: 13:14-14:39
Do you remember your first successful SEO campaign?
It was for a manufacturing company in Sheffield, and another one was for a shrink wrap company. These happened 5-6 years ago.
Time Stamp: 14:55-17:08
How can people create content that can actually lead to conversion?
- You need to have a sensible approach to internal linking. Ensure that you are linking to relevant products when it comes to e-commerce businesses.
- Analyze the user-behavior and use some of your own common sense to structure content around common queries. This also increases the chances of conversions.
Time Stamp: 17:36-20:05
What are some channels that you’d recommend to people to get more traction?