SEO On-Air · How To Do SaaS Content Marketing
In this episode, we cover:
Today, we speak to Steve Pockross, the CEO of Verblio. Verblio is a multimedia content creation platform. They power modern content marketers and SEO agencies. As CEO, he applies leading gig economy and SaaS principles to provide a high-quality, fast, and flexible content creation platform.
In this episode, he will tell us how to do Saas content marketing.
Stay tuned for the next podcast episode, where our guest, John Krochune, tells us how SEO fits into a larger digital media engagement.
- [02:18-10:29] When it comes to SaaS companies, what are the ongoing trends for content marketing?
- [12:10-14:18] Can you share some tips on converting a technical tip into engaging content?
- [14:24-18:09] How do we measure the engagement after the content is written?
- [18:56-21:32] What would be your advice to SaaS marketers when they want to take a word out about a tool they’ve just created?
- [22:18-24:36] For marketing beginners, what would be your advice to start with content marketing?
- [25:02-30:16] How did you really spread the word about your platform, Verblio, in your early days?
- [30:26-31:15] How do you engage with customers at Verblio?
- Show Notes Explanation
Hey guys, welcome to another episode of SEO On-Air. Thanks to all for your love and support for making this podcast a success. One of the popular podcast requests that we got was how to do content marketing for SaaS companies.
To speak more on this, we have Mr. Steve Pockross, who is the CEO of Verblio. Verblio is a multimedia content creation platform. They power modern content marketers and SEO agencies. Welcome to the show, Steve.
Time Stamp: 02:18-10:29
Q. When it comes to SaaS companies, what are the ongoing trends for content marketing?
- The content marketing trends in SaaS companies are very similar to other businesses.
- Multimedia content, such as videos, is getting popular.
- The demand for long-form content is also on the rise now because that’s what’s working
- Thirdly, customized content is another trend that’s coming up right now.
- In this current situation, many marketing channels have shut down, so the two trends that are going on right now are the acceleration of larger companies. The second big trend is shorter-term and larger scale SEO projects.
- Converting podcasts and webinars into written content, such as blog posts, ebooks, or video content, can be taken advantage of during this time.
- There are three main strategies that SaaS companies should focus on. One is amplifying your existing content through a content refresh, the second one is customizing programs, and the third one is converting your existing through leadership through webinars and podcasts.
Time Stamp: 12:10-14:18
Q. Can you share some tips on how to convert a technical tip into engaging content?
- I think the most interesting thing on the content side is to think about the right quality of writing and the right type of content for each level of your content marketing funnel.
- If a thought leader in your industry hasn’t written about an interesting topic before, you got to cover that.
- The important thing is, you might be deeply technical in your domain, but most of your customers are looking for engaging and simplified content that explains the concepts easily.
Time Stamp: 14:24-18:09
Q. How do we measure the engagement after the content is written?
- Measurement in the SEO world is very challenging.
- The first thing is defining what you want to measure, and the second question to ask is whether your conversion rate is going up.
- If something is converting well, you are probably doing it right.
- Also, make sure you give it enough time to get results in content marketing.
Time Stamp: 18:56-21:32
Q. What would be your advice to SaaS marketers when they want to take a word out about a tool they’ve just created?
If you are a technical person completely, hire a marketing agency that can help you get the word out. You can exclusively work with an agency that works with B2B SaaS agencies. Set up your strategy and find a true expert who can get the word out about your tool.
READ: CONTENT WAS ALWAYS KING—BUT IT GOT PROMOTED
Time Stamp: 22:18-24:36
Q. For marketing beginners, what would be your advice to start with content marketing?
- For beginners, you need to start with the strategy of what you are going to write about and in what order.
- The second one is how big you are going to go. If a prospect finds you, they will be convinced that you know what you are doing. So are you trying to be respectable, or are you trying to be different from others?
- If you want to be the thought leader, you need to invest bigger and earlier.
Time Stamp: 25:02-30:16
Q. How did you really spread the word about your platform, Verblio, in your early days?
- I graduated from a business school and worked for a high-growing tech company. We grew from 8 million to 100 million yearly revenue in 4 years.
- There are two parts of these-scale and quality. Scaling is hard with managing as many people as in call centers.
- Quality is hiring ten writers and then training them to create the best resources. Therefore the next big way of innovation in business is to bring freelance labor into leveraging skill solutions into those SaaS platforms.
Time Stamp: 30:26-31:15
Q. How do you engage with customers at Verblio?
- Ours is a month-to-month subscription model primarily.
- We learn your preferences and build more scalable solutions based on it.
- We also make longer-term annual contracts for enterprise solutions.
Check out Verblio’s video podcast episodes.