Show Notes Explanation
Hey everyone, this is Senthil. Welcome to another episode of SEO On-Air. Today we are going to put to rest the age-old discussion of SEO vs. SEM. Joining me to is Mr. Bryan Shetsky, the CEO of Lamark Media. Welcome to the show, Bryan.
Time Stamp: 02:00-05:43
How Would SEO and SEM pan out in the future?
- We see several behavioral changes in this COVID situation.
- People are not going out now, so people are going digital for entertainment.
- One of the things that changed is how brands interact with people.
- We have seen a decrease in search intent because people don’t know what they want.
- However, on social media, you can push content to people based on their personas and interests.
- Therefore I think investing in SEO and SEM is more important than ever right now.
Time Stamp: 06:01-09:30
Is this the right time for new e-commerce store owners to invest in SEM?
- It depends on the business and its goals.
- Marketing is a tool to drive business goals.
- Right now, it’s the right time for directing e-commerce stores, especially. e-commerce brings things to your doorstep, which is seeing tremendous growth during COVID.
Time Stamp: 10:03-12:22
Do you think successful campaigns can run without human intervention, through automation?
- There are a lot of things that you can automate through automation tools.
- You can automate citations, local listings, and a lot of other things.
- You cannot automate certain things, but for most things, you can automate stuff.
Time Stamp: 12:55-18:10
Is there a checklist for choosing the best SEO and SEM agencies?
- When you look at an agency, you’ll have to check their competency.
- You’ll have to analyze whether they understand SEO and SEM in depth.
- Quality and relevance of content are very important today, so you need to check out whether they have a good content team.
- SEO reporting is also an essential factor to consider. Ensure that the agency you choose sends you regular SEO reports.
- Make sure the agencies have enough resources, use the best industry practices, and are up to date with the industry norms.
- For SEM, ensure that the agency understands all platforms and how they work.
- Finally, agencies must be ready to adapt changes and help you grow.
Time Stamp: 19:24-22:25
Is there any correlation between organic ranking and SEM?
- There is definitely a benefit, if not a correlation between the two.
- If you think about the algorithm, they are trying to understand human behavior and show the best search results.
- So, algorithms are trying to deliver relevancy and quality.
- If a website gets a lot of traffic, it shows the algorithms that people are getting a good experience from that site.
- This will also help your SEO.
Time Stamp: 22:47-24:33
Does boosting a page on Facebook and Twitter help in organic rankings?
- Yeah, if the site is having good value and has relevancy on a given topic, then it will surely help in improving the organic ranking through SEO.
- Reviews are critical as social signals.
- Social engagement absolutely correlates to ranking on organic.