SEO On-Air: Three-Step Process to Rank Content on Google
In this episode, we cover:
Today, we speak to Nickey Pickorita, the CEO and founder of NPointSEO. He is currently focused on the systems and growth of the company. Besides his passion for SEO, he is also passionate about WordPress and attending WordCamps.
In this episode, he will speak about the three phases of ranking content on Google.-one is content creation, second is content execution, and the third one is ranking that content.
Stay tuned for the next podcast episode, where our guest, Chris Gregory, discusses website development for SEO.
[ 01:06-01:44] How important is the content calendar?
[01:43-02:39] What are the things to consider while creating a content outline?
[03:02-04:26] Having good writers are also a part of getting quality content, isn’t it?
[05:03-06:12] What are the technical issues that hamper content from getting ranked on Google?
[ 06:39-08:35] How do we research content that can rank well?
[08:35-10:31] What are the common technical SEO pitfalls in WordPress that people should be aware of?
[14:49-15:24] Can you share some best practices when it comes to internal linking?
[15:30-16:40] Are there any on-page SEO mistakes that can bring down the rankings?
[17:11-18:54] How to create a linkable content asset that can naturally attract backlinks
Show Notes Explanation
Hey guys, this is Senthil. Welcome to a new episode of SEO On-Air. Today we have with us Nickey Pickorita, who is the CEO and founder of NPointSEO.
Welcome to the show, Nickey. Today, we’ll be discussing three phases of ranking content on Google.-one is content creation, second is content execution and the third one is ranking that content.
Time Stamp: 01:06-01:44
Q. How important is the content calendar?
- It is the first thing you should create.
- It will help you build a strategy and know what keywords to target.
- It will also make it easier to beat your competitors.
Time Stamp: 01:43-02:39
Q. What are the things to consider while creating a content outline?
- Make a document that has at least 3-6 months ahead of blog posts ideas
- Make a list of keywords, track their search volume and keyword difficulty and sort them by priority
- Then send it for approval and schedule content based on those keywords for coming 3-6 months ahead
Time Stamp: 03:02-04:26
Q. Having good writers are also a part of getting quality content, isn’t it?
- We find writers who have good knowledge on the topic or ask clients to provide good writers
- Adding keywords in content isn’t enough, it also needs to make sense
- We also create a research doc where we provide all detail about the content, such as word count, what keywords to include and how to structure the article
Time Stamp: 05:03-06:12
Q. What are the technical issues that hamper content from getting ranked on Google?
- Some writers copy-paste content from other sites, which leads to copied content
- Some people target the same keywords for multiple pieces of content leading to keyword cannibalization
- When people forget to index their web pages or have issues on their site that prevents bots from indexing new content, it can affect the site rankings
Time Stamp: 06:39-08:35
Q. How do we research content that can rank well?
- Look for the search intent of a keyword, whether it is an informational, navigational or transactional keyword. Then decide the content format based on the intention.
- Create the content., optimize for on-page SEO and add internal links wherever possible
Time Stamp: 06:39-10:31
Q. Do you think the topic you choose to write is also an important factor to consider for ranking content?
- If you don’t have good domain authority, you cannot beat your competitors for high-volume keywords
- That’s why you should check the DA during keyword research and target those that don’t have a huge volume.
Time Stamp: 06:39-12:16
Q. What are the common technical SEO pitfalls in WordPress that people should be aware of?
- People forget to add XML sitemaps
- They forget to verify their site on Google
- They forget adding schema markups
- They fail to integrate Google Analytics properly
- Some people also forget about open graphs and twitter cards
- People should have a basic SEO checklist, which they must verify with when creating a site on WordPress
Time Stamp: 14:49-15:24
Q. Can you share some best practices when it comes to internal linking?
- Relevancy is very important. If you have an article that is relevant to another article, you should interlink them
- That will boost your site ranking
Time Stamp: 15:30-16:4
Q. Are there any on-page SEO mistakes that can bring down the rankings?
- People should check the basics, like the title, URL, meta title and description
- There should be one H1 tag in a page, and rest can be H2 tags
- You can add keywords naturally in the H1, H2 tags
- Add proper file names to images and also the Alt texts
Time Stamp: 17:11-18:54
Q. How to create a linkable content asset that can naturally attract backlinks
- Write good content that adds value to the readers
- Enable comments on the site for people to engage with you
- It’s hard to get backlinks automatically, so you’ll have to build links manually
- The best way to do that is through outreach and link insertions
Meet the speakers
CEO and founder, NPointSEO
VP Marketing, Stan Ventures